Main responsibilities of the Council include:
The cemetery was set up in 1864 at Lôn Newydd. Initially the cemetery was in two sections – consecrated and un-consecrated with two separated chapels. Today, the cemetery has been extended with one of the chapels operating as a workshop for staff.
Mr Alwyn Richard Rowlands is the Cemetery Superintendent and is supported by his colleagues Berwyn Jones and Ben Manton. In 2004 the cemetery was awarded the Regions Best Cemetery in Wales Award. Cemetery staff takes great pride in the cemetery and this is appreciated by the town’s residents.
The council has 4 Playing fields – Maes Hyfryd, Lôn Newydd; Corn Hir and Rhosmeirch.
Bowling/Tennis Club and Play Area – Lôn Las
The Council has taken over responsibilities for the Bowling and Tennis Club site on Lôn Las. The site has recently been refurbished under the Three Towns Regeneration Scheme.
The site contains a bowling green, all purpose tennis and other games area as well as a play area with play units for children under the age of 11.
This is also the home for the long established Llangefni Bowling Club who has used the site for over 60 years. The club competes in the Anglesey Bowls League and will be engaged in encouraging youngsters to take up the sport by learning new skills appropriate for the sport.
Lôn Newydd Playing Field
This field is used by the junior section of Llangefni Football Club. Resources include a club house that houses changing rooms with showers for both teams as well as a referee room. It also contains a kitchen area where club volunteers prepare and provide light refreshments for the supporters on match days.
The town clock was erected in 1902 by the Tre Ysgawen family in memory of George Pritchard Rayner who lost his life in the Boer War, South Africa in July 1900.
Bus Shelters are located strategically within the town to service bus routes that link all part of the Island and beyond. Regular maintenance schedules are carried out which includes cleaning or replacement of panels as a result of damage.
These are located in various parts of the town and are welcomed by local people as well as visitors. Regular maintenance is carried out to ensure that are kept in good order.
Cefni River and the Environment
As a result of the successful bid in 2004 for European Funding applied jointly by the Town Council and Cwmni Tref to improve the Cefni River alongside the Town Hall car park. Extensive environment improvements were carried out that have resulted in the creation of a walkway with seating provision where residents and visitors.